Annons:
Tagfashion
Read 584 times
Evelina
2021-02-09 18:19

Jewellery for Minimalists

Image 1. Click to open in original size.
Preview of image 1 of 3
Preview of image 2 of 3
Preview of image 3 of 3

I stopped buying jewellery a long time ago. As a student, I’ve had to make strategic choices with my income and accessories have not been at the top of my list.

Scandinavian women in general tend to have a more minimalist style preference when it comes to jewellery.  I don’t often see Swedes wearing costume or statement jewellery. I usually see women wearing one or two layered pendant necklaces, small hoop earrings, a dainty bracelet and minimalist gold rings. 

As for my personal style preference, I succumbed to an allergy of some sort against at least one of the common metals found in costume jewellery. In recent years, I finally realised its not worth the itchy nightmare of wearing any sort of costume jewellery. 

Eventually, I came to the realisation that I need to invest in some classic everyday jewellery pieces. I had no idea where to shop for such items, however. That is, until I discovered Chupi. Since then, I’ve had my eye on a few of their pieces. For Bálint’s and my fifth anniversary, I asked for a classic solid gold necklace with a beautiful grey diamond pendant from Chupi.

Chupi is an Irish jewellery boutique known for their selection of grey diamonds. Grey diamonds are the perfect option for those who want diamonds that are imperfectly beautiful. I don’t know about you, but I think they look so unique. I basically haven’t taken it off. It is truly a daily staple. I especially love that its an Irish boutique because I love Ireland. My mom and I travelled around Ireland and Scotland for a month in 2015 after I moved to Sweden. Whenever I catch a glimpse of the necklace in the mirror it reminds of me of our trip.

Another jewellery boutique I’ve had my eye on for some time is Caroline Hjerpe - a Stockholm-based boutique. The boutique’s instagram feed (@carolinehjerpejewelry) is full of delicious candy-coloured jewels.

I have been dreaming of purchasing myself a Les Bonbons gold ring with a two pink sapphires. I also adore their Luise necklace - a “stunning green cabochon cut Chrysopase hand-set in 18k solid gold.” For some reason her pieces make me want to splurge on myself. It makes me think that I should buy a beautiful pink gemmed ring just because I can (ok, I can’t really afford one just yet, but hey, a girl can dream!).

You can read more on my blog - EveMarie.

Annons:
Niklas
2021-02-24 09:49

#0: It sounds as if you have a nickel allergy. It’s quite common. Åsa has it too. Stick to silver, gold and diamonds and you’re fine. 😉 

The Caroline Hjerpe rings look like they belong to a fairytale princess. They would have been perfect on my daughter when she was little enough for me to decide what she’d wear. 🙂

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Scroll to top
Annons: